Building schools doesn't just give children access to the educational curriculum, it also teaches them some of the basics of life, life skills and even life-saving knowledge.
If you compare the life of a child in Uganda that has had access to a secondary education against that of a child who has not the differences are startling.
The following facts speak for themselves:
In Uganda, a child with a high school education is...
- 3 times less likely to contract HIV/AIDS*
- Going to have children twice as likely to live beyond the age of 5*
- 59% less likely to have a child before the age of 17*
- Going to earn 17% more income for every year of high school education**
- 67% more likely to get a job**
* Uganda Demographic & Health Survey 2011 – click here
** Department of Economics, Working Paper No. 169 / Statistical source: UNHS 2005/06
Thanks to you we've built 587 classrooms in 10 countries giving 79 coffee growing communities access to education
Your donations go towards funding projects in the
coffee-growing communities we are supporting.
To improve the life chances of boys and girls in coffee growing communities
by providing the opportunity of a safe, quality education.
You can increase the value of your donation by a whopping 25% by opting for Gift-Aid.
For daily inspiration straight to your phone, follow @costafoundation on Instagram!